in partnership with
The 2018 Extra Mile Award was presented to Alanna Koch.
The Extra Mile Award
For Women in Saskatchewan’s Agriculture Industry
AgriBiz has a long history of volunteering in our home community and serving on agricultural boards and committees. We value the opportunity to give back and foster a better future for coming generations and we take every opportunity to promote the thriving food industry in our province. In celebration of more than 25 years serving the food and farming industries, we are teaming up with the Saskatchewan Women in Ag and offering The Extra Mile Award to women in the agriculture industry who have made note-worthy contributions to their communities while inspiring support for Saskatchewan’s agriculture and food systems.
This annual award will recognize a female individual each year who has gone ‘the extra mile’ in the following areas:
Mentorship and Leadership
Events and Initiatives
Advocacy and Engagement
The recipient is a woman who has volunteered her time to organized or managed events or initiatives in her community that promoted agriculture and brought farmers and consumers together. The events can be small or large in scale and annual or stand-alone in nature while initiatives can be singular or ongoing.
All nominee’s efforts will have had a positive impact on their communities and played a measurable part in inspiring support for the agriculture industry and fostering conversations about the food we grow.
Award Value: $1000 PER YEAR
The award will be donated to a registered charity or community initiative of the winner’s choosing.
- Nominations are open to all women who are involved in the Saskatchewan agriculture industry.
- Nominations must be received by the AgriBiz Communications Corp. office by September 30th each year.
- Nominees must be a resident of Saskatchewan.
- You may nominate more than one individual.
- Nominations will be accepted from anyone, including the Women in Ag Board.
- Current Women in Ag board members are not eligible for nomination.
- A panel of three will select the winner.